Friday, April 04, 2008

Oh I just love Weird Things

I'm not a shopper as a rule
- oh, I love the Big home
improvement stores & Really Big Plant stores & quite often cruise the aisles of office supply stores but I'm not a Mall Rat. I don't shop as recreation. But, this morning I went to Wal-Mart. I figured if I had to go there, I might just as well have a good look around & see if there was anything else I needed. In the 'craft' department I found Nut Beads. Not sure what I'll use them for but I think the "acorn" type on the left might work well as Toggles. The Rings at the top are extremely light while the big nuts on the right are heavy. I just couldn't leave them behind!


While there, I also found some discontinued items that also looked quite interesting. The stars are plain silver while the rectangles are antique looking. And I splurged on a bag of Ladybug buttons for a sweater. If I ever get the Arvik sweater finished, they'll look great on it's mottled grey.

And I've been working on socks this week - not much time to really do anything else since it's tax season. I've started on the second color in my Gluttony socks & am just starting the gusset increases for the heel. I wound the four skeins into 4 balls so I'm doing the by guess & by golly method of dividing the yarn between the two socks. The yarn is a tightly twisted super wash merino in four colorways. I didn't use the pattern that came with the yarn since it has quite a few errors in it & I didn't really like it anyway. I think the yarn is beautiful enough without a pattern & look forward to wearing these socks when they're done.

At the same time, I've been working on the pale Confetti socks which I'd earmarked for the BT's dad. He wasn't quite sure if he liked it or not when I first started them but decided they weren't quite as 'girly' when I got a couple of inches knitted.

No comments: