Saturday, March 29, 2008

I've decided to move

Yup, it's true. I've definitely decided I have to move. I need the space you see. Every time I want to start a project or decide I NEED to start a project, the stuff I want is in the bin at the bottom of the stack - and there's nowhere to stack the stack so I can get into the bottom bin for the stuff I want.

I need at least a THREE bedroom place or a TWO bedroom one with an enclosed gara
ge. And that ain't here. Oh, I played with the idea of renting the space once occupied by the BT - it comes with an extra bathroom that I don't need but does have a huge room with a big walk-in closet. That would be enough space to spread out all the STASH & it's accoutrements. But it's cold all the time around here - good for stash but bad for ME.
And why do
I need THREE bedrooms??? Well, I need one to sleep & hang clothes in. One to fill with stash. And one to use as the Working office. One must work to pay for stash, you know.

So, I have to move.

I want outside laundry tubs to wash wool & a clothesline to hang dyed skeins. And a garden to grow dye plants. A proper compost box & two rain barrels too. Hanging baskets & a big front porch for my rocker. Gawd, Maw Kettle comes to Surrey!! Can you just see it all?? I might even take up macrame again - Holy Seventies Batman!!!

My living room is the stash room at present. I don't have room for anything but one chair because it's taken up with books, spinning wheels, stash bins, baskets of stash & stacking shelves of stash. I know there's even a table in there somewhere but it's covered with stash. The office closet is full of mohair. I think there's still a fleece or two in a bag under my bed. They've probably had twins by now. I'm afraid to look . . .

1 comment:

Louisa said...

Goodness, girl! You're even worse than I am - or maybe I just have more room to hide the stashes in. Yes, you do need to move. You need to be warm. You need to have space to sit down!