Friday, March 21, 2008

It's a Good Friday

It seems the storm with it's hail, snow showers & high winds, has passed over us. All of this cold weather hasn't discouraged the rhubarb or the winter Pansies though. And, my Clematis has huge shoots popping out all over the old stems!! But, it does make me want to spend more time knitting.

I finally received my first package from the Seven Deadly Spins club!! Now, when I first joined up, I thought it was a SPINNING thing BUT, apparently it's more of a KNITTING thing. Not a biggie, and the first SIN is GLUTTONY.
So, they sent a package with a G
luttony of color! Each of these skeins is a different color & the pattern is designed to create a simple patterned sock in graduated colors. The yarn is handpainted superwash merino.

Also included in the package were little sock needle protectors!! And a sock stretcher with handpainted yarn to knit the sock!! And a big bag of wildly colored Jelly Bellies!! What great fun! I've never signed up for any of these things before but I think I'm gonna change my ways.


I've just started the gussets for the BT's last pair of the splotchy Confetti socks. I found all those little leftover balls & figured I had more than enough to knit another pair with them. He does love that yarn! And there's always a place in everyone's life for mindless knitting projects . . . . . Oh, and in the left corner, on the socks, are the latest stitch markers created by the Oh So Talented, Karen Bonter (spinquilt.blogspot.com)!! I use her markers in every project - they're so much sexier than rubber bands!!!

No comments: