Friday, March 28, 2008

Winter is baaaaack!


I woke up to snow flakes flying thru the open bedroom window & landing on my face this morning. I had to get up to get a better look!! Gee, I can't remember seeing snow this late in the year around here! I got a cup of tea & commuted to my home office in time to watch HUGE flakes coming down - the cat kept flying around her fuzzy window-sill bed to try & catch them from inside - what a hoot.

I did go outside to take a picture of the falling snow but it just didn't work out. But, while I was there I got a shot of my favorite pot of flowers blooming away while it snowed. The winter Pansies are growing in the same pot as the rhubarb while the pot behind sports a head of some creeping perennial ground cover that caught my fancy last year.


I finished the scrappy socks for the BT on Tuesday. Well - I still have to bind-off the toes but, essentially, they're done. I was going to put pink toes on them but found I'd used all the pink in a Christmas project - bummer!!! - so I was forced to use my very last ball of blue instead. I didn't make it to Fibre Fest this year as planned & I usually load up on the solid colors for toes when I'm there, so I guess that's why I don't have any.


In the meantime, I started a new pair of socks - hey, the sock basket is empty except for the Mexiko socks!! I wanted something quiet for a change - not everyone wants bright or flashy ones. I actually thought this pair would be nice for a man but men seem to think these are nice 'girly' colors. Oooops. That's what I get for buying something 'quiet'! So, I'm not sure who these will be for - the BT's mom might end up with them - she likes everything I knit. And the BT's dad will get something that isn't so 'girly'. I think I have a ball of camel shit brown & snotty yellow that should be 'manly' enough . . .

No comments: