Sunday, March 09, 2008



Well, didja do it??

Didja remember to change your clocks??? Do you know how MANY clocks I had to change???

I HAD intended to go to FibreFest on Saturday after all - but work got in the way. I ended up in Langley doing data entry for the day instead, sigh. It's probably for the best since next weekend I'm off to our Guild's first Spinning Retreat! We are hoping this will be an annual event - much thanx to DORIS for doing all the work!!!! It's nice to get away for the weekend & just shop & relax.

In the meantime, it's Tax Season. Need I say more?? They're piling up on my desk since my printer gave up the ghost the other day & my old tractor-feed - which is the one I REALLY need - is costing an arm & a leg to feed with paper!!! Gone are the days when I could buy damaged boxes at $15. Now I have to cough up $62 for the same box!!! Between paper, gas & Program costs, I've had to raise my prices. So far all my clients have just laughed . . . . but it cuts into my fibre money - whine, snivel, sob!!!

Speaking of fibre, I'm hauling a tub of old packages of Buffalo wool - there must be 40 of them - to the Retreat. I just can't use them anymore. They put off so much fibre into the air that I can't breathe if I try. I know some people still knit the sweaters - if I do, I'll use good wool that I've spun myself!!!! This stuff is overprocessed!! But it should make great felting fibre or be good for slippers - I just don't care. It's free & will be out of here!!

I still have white, blue & brown that I reclaimed from a whole pile of sleeves that someone donated to Value Village. The wool is soft & silky & was processed minimally. Someone was manufacturing sweaters & these became surplus. I unravelled the sleeves & saved the yarn in big balls. At one time, I started a sweater for a friend with it but it soon grew so heavy that I couldn't work with it anymore!! I considered spinning it as a finer yarn & it might go to the retreat with me.
Maybe it should be my summer project . . . . . maybe I'll dye the wool first with my new "Mother McKenzie" dyes. I want to knit a 'Wonderful Wallaby' for a friend going to camp to work & this might be the very potential yarn. Ohhhhhh - I see a summer project coming up!


I've been asked to knit
infant socks for a
baby gift. The BT's lawyer is off on maternity leave with her new baby. Since he doesn't know what it is or how big it is . . . just like a man . . . he asked for socks. Good thing I have tons of leftovers & who doesn't need socks for a new baby!! I'm just not sure how big 6 month old feet generally are - But the good thing about babies - they grow!
I see the sun is struggling to poke thru the clouds today - yesterday was gorgeous in the afternoon & I was indoors working - I swear, if it actually gets warm & nice, I'm going OUT.

2 comments:

Silk said...

hi... good idea bout the baby socks.. may i make a suggestion..someone gave me several pair of baby socks (a hundred years ago).., but they were knee socks, then the kid couldn't kick them of.. i loved them... i make them when i need a baby gift..

Sharon in Surrey said...

Good suggestion!! The ones I have can go into the donation basket & I'll start again!!