Tuesday, March 11, 2008

And it's still light outside


Since I keep checking everyone else's blog for updates, I guess I'd better update my own!! Ahhh, tax season has curtailed my extra-curricular activities somewhat but I do get to catch up on all my regular clients' lives . . . I could write a book!!


It looks like I may still have a chance to get that two bedroom duplex I was told about LAST summer. Apparently the tenant is not a good one & the old folks are sick of her antics. Her loss, my gain??? I go to talk to them tomorrow morning - who knows??? I really hate the thought of the effort of moving but I'm sure I'll be better off in the long run - 10 years in a suite with landlords who don't want to do repairs properly is enough.

I might be able to get a cat door installed!! And a back porch built with lattice for the flowers. And my own yard & garden! I want rain barrels, composters & raised beds. I can grow dye flowers again & the rhubarb will be happy next to a compost box. Part of the yard is damp & shady apparently, so I'll fill it with native ferns. I'll bet I dream about gardening tonite. I don't want to get too excited but . . . .


And the BT goes for Mediation with ICBC tomorrow. I sincerely hope it all gets settled tomorrow because I broke a filling this afternoon & need to pay the dentist.


My gift socks still need the second heel turned - I can see me finishing them on the trip over to Maple Ridge!! Hey, I'm really looking forward to the spinning weekend away from all the crap & stress. I can hardly wait!!


My Ginny sweater body is now finished except for the borders. I have one sleeve to finish & then I get out the crochet hook to finish the edges - I've decided NOT to pick up & knit the fronts, bottom & collar as directed in the pattern. I've decided instead, to crochet the entire fronts & bottom in a couple of rows of single crochet - hope it looks okay - & then pick up & knit the collar since I want a big shirt style collar. THEN, I have to finish Arvik. It's on the needles but I decided to finish Ginny since it was farther along after I frogged poor Arvik the first time. Booo Hooo no sweater again this winter!!

No comments: