Saturday, March 01, 2008

I've been so busy


I figured out today why I haven't read my emails, written on my blog, worked on any projects & not done my dishes - I've been working 70 hour weeks for the past two weeks!! I've been exhausted & only seem to get to bed, get up, take a shower, eat brekkie & head out the door to start it all over again!! I've been working as a Receptionist as well as doing my regular jobs for the past two weeks. I will have more respect for a Receptionist in the future.


Now, back to my old life!! You don't realize how you enjoy your leisure time until you don't have any! Whilst enjoying some of it, I looked thru all the leftover bags, rounded up all the old black/white Confetti bits & started on the last pair of Confetti socks in this color for the BT. I was quite amazed at how many leftovers I found but he'll be happy with another pair in the end - even if they have pink toes . . . . .


And then I dug out the LAST TWO BALLS of Mexiko to knit a pair of socks for a gift I need shortly. Stoooooopidly I pulled half a ball of yarn out before I found the color sequence I needed to match the first sock to the second - I have no idea why I bothered doing that with THIS pair of socks since I almost never bother with any other . . . . anyway, I was just starting the heel gussets when I realized the socks were not looking all that similar. It took me a while but I suddenly realized one of the damn balls of yarn was wound backwards from the other! I'd ripped one out before I realized what the problem was & then ripped the other out in a fit of pique. Now I'm reknitting them both & don't care how they come out. I should've known better . . . .

I won two balls of OPAL 6ply yarn!! I got FISH & TIGER from the Rainforest collection. Very yummy & very thick!!! Boy, when you're used to Fingering . . . . . . but, I think they'll both be very nice as WINTER socks for next year. No, Virginia, I am NOT gifting anyone with my winnings - these are for ME. I may have to buy bigger shoes or wear my sandals with them but they're all for Moi!!

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Sooooo, will you be making that rare ball of tiger yarn into a pair of "Tiger Toes"? You know you wanna.

http://wovenflame.blogspot.com/2008/01/tigers-on-prowl.html

Sharon in Surrey said...

Maaaaaybeeeee!! Is it rare???? I didn't know that! I have to say, I DID love your Tiger Toes!