Sunday, April 13, 2008

I was surprised


Yesterday was the BT's 50th birthday.
You all know how the usual 50th goes - it turns into a big drunk with morning-after consequences. Well, this one started on Friday nite with the arrival of buddies from out of town - with BEER. He called close to midnite to tell me his place was full of people with sleeping bags & BEER. I called yesterday around suppertime to ask if he was hungry but his local buddies were picking him up to party at the Cloverdale Legion. I've been there on MY birthday & the shooters don't stop coming . . . . . . I did remind him that if he needed a ride home to just call & I'd get him. I've always had this pact with friends & their kids - if they call, I pick em up! At 8:50 the phone rang. He asked me to pick him up. You could tell he'd had a few but he said he was tired of the party, the booze & the drunks & would I please come & get him. I did.
My BT has finally grown up.

No comments: