Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Just another Monday - er - Tuesday


Just back from my fourth, yes fourth, workout at Curves in 8 days. It's bloody awful being part of a study - you can't just decide that you WON'T go today because you screw up the works & stand out like a sore thumb! Today I woke up achy & stiff. At 4:38! Although I tried to go back to sleep, turned over, turned on a tape, plumped the pillows, fed the cat to stop her squawking & visited the biff . . . nothing worked. So, I got up in disgust, had a tea, got dressed & went to exercise. The dreaded E word. In my estimation, worse than the F word! Not a great way to start the morning but at least I started it. Even my fingers ached. Made it thru the circuit in record time - how the heck did I do a 30 minute circuit in 23 minutes??? And went for a grilled chicken sandwich & morning paper to recover. If anything, I'm even a bit sorer now, two hours later, if that's possible. Must be the damp in this part of the world. And the muscles I'd forgotten I had.

I tried my best on the weekend to get my chip reader to work again. I couldn't download any of the pictures I've taken of the goodies in progress - what a pain! I've turned the heels on the purple Fabel socks & am on the heel shaping with the pink car socks, also in Fabel. I've attached the pouch to my first kids' Wallaby - the sweater is in Navy while the pouch is in a stripey blue & white!! The B&L sweater is resting at the moment due to my sore hands - it's become so heavy that I'm in real pain when I try to work on it with sore hands. When the weather dries up, I'll knit like mad again. In the meantime, smaller, lighter projects are in the works! Oh, & on Sunday, I got the first bag of donated yarn from my customer's mom. I haven't unloaded it from the car yet since I have to buy another storage bin just to hold it. I hear there's several more on the way . . . .

The Great Orange Huntress is reclining on her window perch. Mice & birds are safe for the moment & I haven't found any more "offerings" under my favorite chair. The window is open wide & her nose is pointed in the direction of the incoming wind. A cheeky squirrel tried to sneak a peek the other day & TGOH sprang up out of a dead sleep & just about took out the sliding window on her way to nail the invader. I'm not sure who bounced the highest but it sure was a hilarious sight to see. I remember the days when she was just learning to stalk birds about 4 years ago. The crows would totally ignore her till she was about a foot away & then lazily drift into the air with seconds to spare - she was 23 pounds of indoor housecat. Now she's a sleek 7 pounds of fangs & claws - they don't wait when they see her coming . . . .

No comments: