Thursday, December 03, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

Since I spent the rent money fixing up the Van, I'm pounding on the computer trying to finish off a client's project so I can get the money before the Landlord notices that I haven't slid a cheque under the door - again!! I'm not a bad tenant & usually pay on time, except December thru February, when money is short in the Contracting world & no one pays the bookkeeper. One thing about half finished & stockpiled projects, you can finish them & finally get paid. Usually. It also usually means long days & working into the wee hours, if not all nite, occassionally. Good thing I have Audio Books. I just downloaded three more from Nevada Barr. They're thrillers set in the National Parks in the US. The heroine is, a middle-aged Park Ranger, Anna Pidgeon. Anna's the curious type who's usually prepared for sleeping outside, falling into ravines, being chased by murderous types, swimming in the dark & getting whacked, clobbered, knocked about & generally left for dead in the wilderness. An awesome independent woman!

So, while I'm pounding on the computer till all hours, I'm not knitting or producing any wooly projects! My hairdresser wants a pair of socks for her boyfriend who's suffering with swollen ankles & cold feet. I just know what's gonna happen there . . . And I have 6 touques to make for the Tire Shop guys. And my hoodie to finish. I've managed to turn the second heel in the red/pnk Regia socks I'm knitting for myself & gather together all the "goodies" for the Secret Santa Swap so I can mail the box tomorrow. Wish we had the standard boxes the US has for parcels!! I'd like to just have the box that I can afford & then just stuff it full of goodies instead of finding something & hoping it won't cost a fortune to mail . . .

Sometime this weekend I plan on carding the pooch hair & shetland with handcarders so I can spin it up for the surprise for Mary. I decided NOT to even try to spin pure pooch - I can just see the stuff flying all over the place as I try to spin it!!! I'm hoping to get it done fairly quickly - I'll be spinning between computer sessions - so I can knit a lace cowl before Christmas. The Plan is to make a fairly large cowl that can be pulled over the hair but still cover the neck AND I'm hoping I can get the 'doggie' smell out of it. It HAS been sitting in the plastic bag for at least a couple of years . . . .

No comments: