Tuesday, March 23, 2010


Waaaaaaaaaaa . . . .

As some of you know, I'm a bookkeeper with a home office. I often commute from the bedroom to the office via the kitchen for a cuppa. I have 5 printers in my office - FIVE!!

Yesterday, I had none that would print a two page report! Not one measly printer to print anything. I only own TWO laser printers, TWO 24 pin Ravens - they use fan-fold paper & ribbons AND ONE Cannon Bubble Jet! My new color laser ran out of ink mid document! The 24 pin Raven - the noisy bugger - seized mid document & the Bubble Jet wouldn't stop spewing sheets of paper, then made a terrible noise & died when I hit a couple of buttons after I plugged it in. The old black laser will run but won't print . . . . and I just know I have to crawl under the desk to find the correct cord to unplug one of the dead machines to be able to plug in another machine which will probably end up seized or dead since it's been in the closet for 10 years . . . .

My Techie friends cheered when I told them about the 24 pin printer! They've had a running bet going & apparently it outlived even their wildest guesses - I suppose, after 11 years of printing tax returns & financial statements, it deserves a decent burial.
They hooted to find I actually HAD a Bubble Jet & told me I had to do some tinkering in the computer BIOS(mysterious master set up where you tell the computer what to do) to make the old laser printer work. I wrote down the directions but can't find the screen that tells the dumb printer how to print since apparently it didn't come with memory back in 1991 when it was manufactured . . . . All I want is one printer to print 4 whole pages of a report. Is that too much to ask???

No comments: