Monday, March 08, 2010

The was this big bag of baby yarn . . .

I needed a break from lace, charts, socks & everything else that took effort & thought. And I noticed I still had this big bag of baby yarn I was given before Christmas. It was part of the yarn collection of an 80 something lady who's been knitting for charity most o
f her adult life. She decided it was time to clear out the yarn because her hands just hurt too much to knit now. She knew I was knitting hoodies & infant socks for charity so she decided to give it all to me. Bags & bags of it. I think I got 5 or 6 bags that weighed approximately 30 pounds apiece & a couple of smaller bags of baby & novelty yarns!! I kept the big bag of baby yarn for some reason & decided to make something simple & fun. And there's always a baby around who needs bright little goodies!! Right???

I dug through the
bag & found mostly yellows, whites & a couple of balls of green. Oh there's a little bit of left over multicolor & a tiny ball of lime but mostly it's yellow & white. But, there isn't two balls of anything that matches & it's all slightly different weights. The only option is the Baby Surprise Jacket! The BSJ is soooo much fun to knit & as you can see from the picture, it's gonna be a wild one!

And while I was at it, I knit another pair of infant socks.


1 comment: