Sunday, July 08, 2012

Onward & Upward


I haven't spun this much in ages! And I can't believe how fast the bag is going
down!! At this rate, well, I guess I'll be spinning the purple next . . . It's funny, but I've never bothered to rig the spinner so I can spin in front of the TUBE. My Indian Spinner is a little awkward & I have to spin off to the side when my knee gets sore so I usually take it outside on the patio to spin. I put a good book on the old IPod, grab a big drink & spin for a couple of hours out there. It never occurred to me to try the Suzie Pro inside. I've been watching The Journey of Man on PBS and some good Documentaries on CBC Newsworld & I needed to spin as well - so - I moved some of the clutter & the Suzie fit right in!! The last two evenings, I've been spinning in front of the tube. The pic to the left is two evenings ago & the one above is the progress last night! At the rate I'm going, I'll be making lots of socks out of handspun this fall.

And just so you don't think I have a one track mind - I just had to find som
e new 'car' knitting! I had this 100 gram ball of 'On Your Toes' that I wasn't sure about. It was kind of dark but has purple in it which goes with almost everything I own. I need summer socks like crazy & can't wear sneakers without something inside. And cotton just makes your feet wet!! So, I thought I'd give it a whirl & if I didn't like it, well, I could make 'em longer & throw them into the Donation Basket. Well, surprise, surprise . . . Isn't this just the prettiest sockette??? With any luck, I should get three pairs out of this ball! I like them - a lot. I can't wait to get the first pair finished & on my tootsies. And you know??? Now that I look at that ball of yarn in the daylight, well, it just doesn't seem so dark any more. Isn't that crazy???

No comments: