Monday, July 02, 2018

Happy Holiday Monday

Since the TV died last fall, I often don't know what day it is. So I missed the Official Canada Day celebration. I was home, doing laundry & lounging outside to watch it dry in the afternoon sun.

While guarding the laundry on it's drying rack, I listened to Heinlein's "Door into Summer" for the umteenth time - I love Pete & Danny - & worked on my Goth Kitty short summer socks. Finished the first & turned the heel on the second one. I really like this Goth Kitty colorway from Knit Picks! Grey, Pink & Purple - most of my favorite colors all in one sock!! And one ball made one & a half short socks. I bought four balls!!!

Haven't done much new book reading so far this summer but I have been re-reading  'Raven Black' book 1 in Ann Cleeves' Shetland series on my Kobo ebook reader. I take that reader with me everywhere I go. Even if I only go thru the drive-thru for a coffee, I take it with me. I have the back-lit version with e-ink so there's no glare on the screen if I read it out in the sun & the screen is evenly lit in the dark. None of that flashlight effect you get with a book light!! Although I love audio books when I work, I love to curl up & read too. Some books are just better when you read them yourself!!!

Not much progress on the farming niece's vest. I've been having a bad Spring with all the pollution, mould & pollen floating around & have avoided knitting with anything that throws off 'bits' when it's worked with. Good old Briggs & Little yarns make me wheeze. I have contemplated soaking the skeins in conditioner & 'beating' them on the post outside to tame the 'fly-aways' because they DO wear like iron & soften with use. Now that the weather is warmer, I am hoping to get it finished as I lounge out on the patio watching the laundry dry!

No comments: