Friday, March 10, 2006

What IS all that white stuff doing in Lotus Land???

I could not believe my eyes on Wednesday when all that hail & snow came down! My rhubarb is up fer Gosh Sakes! And I was contemplating planting the early PEAS! I came home from my Sock-Knitting group & had to take in all the houseplants again . . . . . they've been outside most of the winter.

Gave up on the snotty green & pink socks. They look even worse with purple toes - hey, its really dark reddish plum - so I'm trashing them. Actually, I should just knit another stupid color onto them, finish the toes & enter them in the Sock contest at Fibre Fest at the end of the month for the Public judging! Probably get last place or WORST sock . . . . I pulled the needles from them & tossed them into the REJECT pile . . . . What WAS I thinking when I bought that yarn???? Obviously I was being cheap since I only bought one ball . . . . .

The Lord & Master's new blue socks are finished.
My pal Gail found a nice ball of dark red Kroy for the toes. They look absolutely smashing. He loves that splotchy dyed dark blue Confetti yarn - it almost feels thicker than some of the other yarns - & it looks great with a lot of other solid colors for toes. Now to cast-on for the next pair . . . I promised some birthday socks to another male pal! His will be in the black splotchy yarn with blue toes, I think. Then, & only then, I'm knitting some wild socks for ME.

I actually got out the Indian spinner the other evening! I spent Tuesday evening spinning merino/silk on it. I haven't had time to spin in a very long time & missed it. Too much work to do, too many socks to knit . . . . . too many excuses!! Spinning is sooooooo relaxing. It lowers the blood pressure like petting an animal or rocking a baby. I should make time more often . . . . and it would be nice to eventually own a pair of merino/silk socks . . . . .

Ahhhh . . . . . payroll is calling me, I have to get dressed & go out!! Grrrrrrr . . . . .

No comments: