Sunday, December 02, 2007

And it's still snowing!

I got up this morning at just before 5AM & closed the cat's window! It was still snowing & there wasn't a cat print in the pile outside the open window. She really enjoys her new perch but I notice she lays on the corner FARTHEST from the cold, cold open window. Why AM I bothering?
Everyone is staying home in my neighborhood & I'm just about out of kitty litter. That may force me out to the corner store later today - can't imagine what that's gonna cost! But, I can't expect her to find the garden under several inches of snow. I think we may be up to around 6 out there right now, judging by the amount on the fence - I did hear 15 cm on the news so that should be about right. It's still snowing like mad though so I'm sure we're not getting the rain that was forecast. It's actually very pretty as well as very quiet out there - when it snows, the police & fire departments are much quieter. I'm sure it'll be a great day to shop too. I just need some damn kitty litter!!

I've cast-on the
marled bluey-green Lana Grossa for the BT's next socks - these are for his Christmas box. Every year I get an orange box & fill it with personal goodies for him. He takes great joy in finding all the little items tucked away. So, this year, the socks will go in with a couple of washcloths as a start. If I have time, I'll knit two pairs. I used Lana Grossa for the NeverEnding socks for the EX & I really like the fabric it makes. It feels a little thicker than the OPAL so I'm using my 2.5mm bamboo skewers instead of the 2.0mms. I get a little more distance this way too since the BT likes a longer leg on his socks. The color is a little light in the picture - I really MUST learn about light when I take pics - it's actually much bluer, sort of faded blue jeans, in real life!

And, now that the smaller DPs are empty, I'm casting on the next pair of socks for ME.
This is a yummy colored Confetti - one of my fav yarns - that my pal Karen gave to me to knit myself some socks. I found some Lanet in just the right color for the toes too! I think this yarn is absolutely delicious & will look great as a short sock as well as a longer, winter sock! And waddaya wanna bet these are on my feet by the next time the Wednesday Nite Nitters meet??

And it's really starting to pile up out there!!

No comments: