Saturday, December 15, 2007

Another Wet Saturday


I'm still without wheels! My mechanical friend has been working full time, fixing everyone's cars on the side & now has a remodeling job - while my van sits in the driveway. The Woman in his life tore into him for a week until he dropped everything to fix her "office". Sigh. It's really, really hard being self employed without wheels.

In the meantime, I AM getting quite a bit of knitting done! The sock basket is full. I'm going to knit a couple of extra pairs in the calmer colors in case I need a last minute gift or two but I do have a few bottles of wine tucked away - I made it last summer! I'm working my way thru a pile of washcloths at the moment so that each pair of socks gets a washcloth tucked in beside them!! I bought a goodly supply of gift bags in November - good thing because I can't go anywhere right now!! I don't have any winter clothes, I drive everywhere & my umbrellas - all three of them - are in the van.

By the way, I signed up for the Knitting Daily newsletter. I saw the ad for the Daily newsletter & gave it a try - I'm addicted!! Knitting Daily HAS free patterns but it's the advice & the way it shows many bodies wearing one design that I really appreciate. I like Sandi's way of showing HER successes & failures on HER body. And I think I'm in love with the Central Park Hoodie. The latest KD brought not only the upsized version of the original Hoodie but several Queen sized women actually wearing the larger hoodie AND comments from Lisa - who upsized it. Ohhhhhhhhh . . . . too many sweaters & tooo little time.

This A.M. while waiting for the Landlord to come & fix the swamp in my bedroom, I made a batch of Go
at's Milk Soap. I added some Black Raspberry Vanilla scent to it too. My whole place, except the bedroom, smells devine! I've gotten lazy in my Old Age, I've been buying soap kits - everything is premeasured. I used to make soap from Olive, Coconut & Almond oils but I can buy kits that combine, Palm, Olive, Coconut, Jojoba, Almond, vitamin E & all kinds of other oils I just can't afford to stock. So, I've gone to kits with combinations of different oils. My favorites are Goat's Milk & the super fatted Moisturizing Soap. Color & fragrance can be added if you desire. I usually don't add anything but use my favorite Bee Hive mould. It yields 3 BIG bars of soap that fit nicely into your hand. You're looking at the backside of the soaps here unfortunately - they weren't set when I took this picture. The soaps on the far left are quite large & fill up a cupped hand completely. The ones on the right are about half as deep. All six were made from a third of the kit.

No comments: