Friday, December 21, 2007

It's a CANNED Christmas!!

It's amazing how you depend on four wheels & a motor to live your life. But, I selected my basement based on the private driveway & it's central location in regard to my jobs. I did not choose it with any consideration for walking, taking the bus or shopping. This point was well & truly made when I had no wheels for three weeks. But, I have my wheels back. I got them back on Monday afternoon & have spent my time running around ever since . . . . . . . .

And I sold my van. Oh, I'll still drive it for a couple of months or so till I get another set of wheels but for all intents & purposes, it's sold. Now to find one that runs as well but consumes a quarter of the fuel . . . .

I'm canning presents in this year - I had been taking advantage of the huge selection of gift bags at the dollar stores for several years but people can PEEK into them! This year, I found CANS. They're big enough for two pairs of socks or a pair of socks & a washcloth. Just the thing!! I used to wrap my gifts in the funny pages from the Sunday paper but I love the cans!! I can't wait to see people's faces AND these can be re-used by the recipient too!!

While at the
Dollar Store, I found some great novelty yarns - one is feathery & one is fluffy with sparkles. I've cast-on the feathery yarn onto big needles to make a long, skinny scarf for a teen who loves pink. And with the blue sparkly stuff I intend to knit HANNAH from the current issue of Magknits. It's a hat which buttons around the head under the pony-tail. And although the pattern was written for Chunky Alpaca, I think I can make it work!! Mmmmm - I wonder if one of those cans is big enough for a pair of socks, some earrings AND a scarf or hat???


No comments: