Saturday, December 01, 2007

In for the duration . . . .

I broke my van. Well, it actually broke itself last Tuesday. Apparently I was lucky to get home without problems & I didn't know it was broken until I climbed in on Wednesday night to go knitting with the girls. And it wouldn't start. Damn. Thursday & Friday were glorious days but I couldn't get the mechanic. Since it's All-Wheel drive, I need the flat deck tow truck which isn't available till Saturday afternoon & now it's snowing. Looks like it won't get there till Monday or Tuesday. So I'm stuck till next week. Wouldn't be so bad if I was used to walking or waiting for the bus but I haven't owned a winter coat or boots in years because I drive everywhere. Ooooops.

Well, one thing about being stuck at home - I'm getting my Christmas knitting done. I have most of the socks finished for friends & family. This morning, I cast on the Super Socke in the mottled Blue Jeans colorway for the BoyToy. His mom & dad's socks are done. The extra large socks for the Ex are also done - I thought they'd never end!! And I've just finished the second pair of socks in the eye-watering pinks & blue for one of the new 'girls' that I added this year. I do intend to knit a couple more pairs for the Sock Basket as insurance but from here on all the knitting except for the washcloths, will be for ME!!

Arvik is back on the needles although only about 4 inches is actually done. I made sure I added an extra 15 stitches to each front for a seed stitch band & a little extra for 'boobage'. I thought a seed stitch band on the hem, collar & cuff would also be nice instead of the usual ribbing. Other than that, this sweater will just be a plain knit from the top down, raglan cardigan. This incarnation will fit & be worn! I need a warm sweater on several job locations & in my own office in the evenings.


Right now, it's very cold - for Vancouver - with a good wind & fine snow falling rather heavily. It's the sort that doesn't pile up quickly but does pack nicely into ICE. Goo
d thing it's Saturday. Tomorrow morning will be awful but most people will sleep in & stay home. The cat is very upset with me right now. She's sitting up in the office window on her fuzzy seat, looking outside at all the snow coming down. Normally, if the day is sunny, she sits outside on the steps with the window open so she can come & go. It's too cold to leave the window open & she's quite indignant.

1 comment:

spinquilt said...

Sorry to hear about your van. Glad to hear you are using your at home time in a cronstructive way.
Maybe the cat wants you to find "The Door Into Summer"
Karen