Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Is it spring yet??

I'm not as exciting as I used to be. I used to be able to sing & roller-skate & play tennis at 5:30 in the morning. I ran everywhere I could & hiked for miles when I was young. My mother used to beg me to slow down because I walked too fast everywhere we went. I wanted to do everything NOW. Well, almost everything. I was in no hurry to have a husband & kids. As the oldest of 3, I became the oldest of 6 at 13. I loved my little brothers - I helped pick them out - but everywhere I went for the next year, I had a baby on my hip. My mother & I shared their upbringing. And I discovered how much I like part time parenting. I think we should practice part time parenting a whole lot more than we do. I don't see why two or even three people can't share the raising of common children. I'm not advocating plural marriage here, just sharing kids. Mind you, plural marriage has it's advantages too BUT, if I'm gonna do it, I want multiple wives & husbands. Not one guy hogging several wives!! Why not Line Marriage?? Add a spouse of either sex now & then. Have you read Heinlein?? "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" talks about Line Marriage & it's advantages. Some of us like babies, some of us don't. I prefer them when they can walk & talk but before they rant & swear. Stuff them into a barrel at 15!!! I like teaching independence & life skills at an early age. And I love them when they're still not too big to cuddle or climb into your lap in the big chair when they're tired.

I was flirting with a little guy about 3 yesterday while I tried to catch up with my Botony homework at Starbucks. I may not be too exciting but, damn, I can still pick up the little boys .  .  .  . 

And what am I working on these days??? Kroy socks of course. The current ones are a little dull but they're thick & warm & will keep my old dawgs comfy in my cold basement office. Even though the sun is now beaming in the window, the cement floor is icy & I need a wool sweater & wool socks to keep me warm as I work. I just love this 4ply Kroy which I knit up with two Chiagoo 2.75mm circs. My favorite 2.25 ones are just a tad too small for 4ply but perfect for the 3ply. This picture is a little old since I'm now decreasing for the toe. But, it's the best your gonna get right now.

1 comment:

Louisa said...

Well it's DEFINITELY spring! I saw the plum blossoms coming out, daffodils, tulips and forsythia. It's even officially Spring Equinox in less than an hour from now. Patience, hon'. You'll feel better soon.