Friday, February 24, 2006

I JUST NEED A NAP . . .

I heard today that the Yarn Harlot has over 4000 loyal followers - this, on the News & Information Radio station, fer gawds sake! The News People have actually discovered KNITTERS?? We've become so Mainstream that we're actually NEWS?? And the Knitting Olympics?? I'm so ready!! I can knit standing up. I can knit lying down. I can knit while watching tv. I can even knit & read a book if the pages stay open . . . Can I be in the Knitting Olympics??? I haven't tried driving the car while knitting yet & I'm sure knitting during sex would be hazardous to someone's health . . .

And as for Knitting in Public . . while knitting a sock at Starbucks one day, a lady drags her male companion over to me & screams, 'Look, look, she's crocheting in public!!' I smiled & said I was knitting a sock. She says to Companion, 'she's crocheting a sock!' He looked at me & I looked at him - poor man, I do hope she does other useful things with her mouth & brain . . .

The pink & green socks have white toes. They're not quite right but then, I don't think anything would be quite right with this colorway. I should bite the bullet & just buy another ball of the stuff & make them all pink & green. I thought this ball of yarn had such possibilities when I bought it but I can't find anything that matches the dirty pink or snotty green . . The grey & white figured stripe is actually pale tan & off white - they don't match anything either! I wonder if washing will change any of the colors??? I have no idea why I dislike these socks so much!
I should just knit the BoyToy another pair of blue/white speckled socks with red toes. I KNOW they'll work out just fine & he'll love them.

Much as I like knitting, its also time to get the Spinning Wheel going again. I'll be so happy when spring is finally here & I can go outside on those warm afternoons & spin for an hour or two. I have some very yummy silk & wool blends to spin up. They're custom dyed & sitting in bags, like jewels, waiting to be spun up into yarns of many colors. I really must learn to post pictures!!!

No comments: