Monday, June 19, 2006

And I worked all weekend again . . . .


I always said it was too bad that tax season only lasted two months more or less. For about 2 months we work nite & day to get all that work done in TIME. So, the tax department made life 'easier' for us by extending it a little to June 15. I've finally figured out that all this extension does is make the late people be later! So I'm still doing late returns as well as my regular stuff. And now I've acquired two new REALLY REALLY late people with several year's worth of paper . . . .


Thank Gawd for Socks. And new yarn. And Cuddling. My knitting pal Gail brought her grandbaby Freya to our last sock gathering. I got Cuddle Time! Its amazing how cuddling lowers your blood pressure, relaxes your muscles & makes your brain turn into mush. Language flees & the words you actually make are an octave higher & sound amazingly like gibberish. I wonder what the baby actually thinks . . . .

I took advantage of the situation to show off Freya at 2 months & the last two pairs of socks I've been talking about while Gail actually had a camera which would show off their true colors. Too bad I couldn't keep my eyes open!!!

The Opal socks are on the right & the Regia on the left. The Regia is actually softer & I love the patterning - its the one I hope Knitopia has in other colors. I've used Jan Pinard's easy heel in both pairs so I don't have to pick up stitches in poor light. I can't wait to wear these!!

Meanwhile - the black socks progress. I'm down to the heel flap - Ronn has skinny heels with a high arch & needs a much longer flap than I normally use as well as a snugger heel, especially in a shorter, dress sock so they don't crawl into his shoes when he walks. Normally I make 10" tops with a 3" heel but these will be 7" with a 3.5" heel. I found Jan's heel got too wide & I haven't figured out how to make it narrower & still get the same depth in the heel. I don't have time to play with it unfortunately - I'm sure Jan knows whats wrong - but I have to get these ready for next week. And knit another pair.

1 comment:

Lady Sue said...

Hey Sharon...I came here to check on you today and look I get to see your picture...tooo cool...
I can't tell you how many pictures there are of me with my eyes closed...tee...and my mouth open....
Cute baby...you look natural there...I also like the Regia socks the best...that is if you are takin' a vote...
Miss ya girl
Sexy Sue