Sunday, April 02, 2006

Gone away, gone to Fibre Fest . . . .

Escaped the tax return hell in my office - I do like taxes but not the horrible volume!! - turned off the cell & went to Fibre Heaven.

I left most of my plastic, the chequebook & work behind! Took spinner, granny cart & small bag of fibre & arrived before the place opened with my friend Gail. We were determined NOT to spend money this year since we both have overflowing mounds of unspun fibre. She ended up buying a bench for her loom & I bought only 4 balls of yarn for toes & two small bags of co-ordinating colors for the plum/tan/lavender fibre I brought to spin. I found a topknot(100gms) in plum, turquoise & plum/turquoise/fuschia blend as well as a small bag of fuschia. There should be enough spun fibre to make a nice cowl for the fall . . . . . I've spun half of it up already!! Gail & I spent 7 hours, mostly spinning, & barely spent any money!!! We renewed acquaintances from the two spinning retreats of last year & had a great time.
My only negative comment is - I have to admit I was a little surprised that more of the local raw fibre venders were missing this year !! It seems to be becoming a commercial vender showcase . . . I hope I'm wrong.

I chose not to buy much this year because my "Open Concept" livingroom/kitchen now has a room divider made up of boxes & big baskets of fibre as well as a revolving library book rack & one 7 foot giraffe. Don't mock the Giraffe!! I fell in love the moment our eyes met across the crowded room . . . . . .

The snotty green & pink socks may yet be reserected!! Sisu has come out with new solid colors & I snagged a couple in a deep rose & a lighter pink. One of them HAS to work. I may yet get those damned socks finished & sold!!! Whoooo hoooo

Well, the dream has to end sometime & I now have to pay for my sins of yesterday . . . . the sun has finally decided to shine & I have to go to work!!! Sniffle . . . . whimper . . . . I just want to spin . . . .

1 comment:

Amie said...

Welcome to the Spinning Wheel!