Monday, August 03, 2009


Sweatbox Sunday

Spent Sunday in the UBrew warehouse. Opened the door at 6:45AM & got a blast from Saturday! The sun was beating in from the east & continued to beat in all day from the south as I did data entry & a corporate tax return! It was the kind of day where it's useless to shower because I was dripping wet constantly except when I went into the giant cooler to freeze the droplets clinging to my brow. Did my laundry in the back & wore the tee shirts fresh out of the washer till they dried . . . . AND then went back for another wet one! If it wasn't for the ice machine, the wet tee-shirts & the cooler, I'd've melted in the heat. I hear some people actually PAY money to sweat off the pounds . . . .

The Cat & I've been happier since it actually dropped a couple of degrees but the polution keeps my chest congested & my eyes & nose ru
nny. Sort of like a summer cold but without the aches & misery. They say it's gonna rain later this week!! The last drop in temp - small as it was - helps in the knitting department too - it's comfortable to knit again - well, as long as it doesn't lay on my body & the fan is blowing directly on me!! I finished the ugly Birthday socks for my Ex. He thinks I'm laid up with a cold - hehe - but I'll take him out for a surprise lunch on Wednesday & present him with his socks!

Finished the hood on my latest Wallaby. The next is finished to the underarm & the first sleeve is on the needles. The new one is in deep plum - almost eggplant, dusty rose & a snotty green for interest. I have 2 balls each of the main colors & 1 of the green. I thought they'd work together to make something interesting!! I've been sitting outside late in the evening when its cool with Mars Revisited by Ben Bova on my headset & the Wallaby knitting in my hands. A tall, iced Pink Lemonade doesn't hurt neither!!! It's just too damned hot to drink beer . . . sorry Harlot.

Speaking of hoodies, I'd love to go back & work on my B&L jacket-in-progress but the very thought of all that wool laying in my lap makes me sweat faster . . .

I bought Modular Magic on sale at Knitopia a few weeks back, took it home & forgot about it. Came across it this morning as I was - wait for it - CLEANING UP! Sat down & looked thru it again - I want to stop everything & try out some of the ideas! I'm always the starter!! I had to put it down slowly & back away. I have Wallabies to knit instead right now . . . I promised Wallabies & have only half a bag of yarn left so I can't start anything but socks until the yarn is gone!!! Booohoooo . . .


So, it's back to the keyboard & paper. All is not lost though, I have Cemetary Dance by Lee Child playing on the desktop today.

No comments: